Volunteering in the Cafeteria
Thank you very much for volunteering!
- Monitor students by circulating around the tables- please spread out!
- Open students’ packages and containers when asked
- Prompt students to eat lunch
- Respond to raised hands
- Reinforce lunchroom rules
- Clean tables and benches as soon as students leave the area
- Sweep floor as soon as students leave each area
- Clean bathrooms
- Don’t be afraid to correct behavior/pull clips. Remember that teachers will follow through and you must establish authority. Once you gain that respect, it will often be the only time you have to pull clips.
- Although we truly love children, please do not bring your children with you. If you need to get a babysitter, we will provide volunteer hours for that.